What’s new in May 2023
Every month, discover the latest news from our platform. This month, we have toys to buy, more flexible invitations, and even more direct access.
Toy Story : welcome to the world of live shopping!
Are you hosting live shopping events? Do you want to encourage participants to buy your latest book, gadget, or trendy cap? Voilà allows you to display real product pages during the live session, just like e-commerce sites, above the video:
- Go to the studio. Click on “Activities” to add one or more products.
- Fill in the necessary information: visuals, prices, promotional prices, etc.
- Save and display as many products as you want during the live session!
- BONUS: Find all the products you want to make available for all your sessions in your organization’s library! No need to reinvent the wheel.
The invitation: polishing it up!
We gather every Wednesday to decide on future Voilà features based on what you tell us, our readers. We already know that these two new features will make you happy! So read on! Are you organizing an event with multiple sessions? Do your participants not have time to attend all the live sessions?
Good news, they can now download the specific invitation for the session they want to attend. It’s very simple, it happens on the event’s website:
But that’s not all. You can also customize the text body of the event invitation. Another opportunity to better communicate with your participants!
This can be done in the “email” section:
Pseudonym: Let chance decide!
You may want anyone to be able to join your event. So, why ask them to fill out a form or give their name?
By enabling direct access and clicking on “Do not ask participants to provide their name,” people who click on the event link will be taken directly to the event page. A pseudonym (always respectful and never offensive) will be automatically generated, allowing them to participate in the chat.
How to activate it?
In the “Configuration” of your event by clicking on direct access and “Configure.”
Here are a few other updates:
- Switch to video podcasts by creating podcast sessions.
- The statistics section has evolved in terms of looks and content, with the addition of average viewing time. We’ll provide a more in-depth look in an upcoming newsletter.
- Don’t forget (or miss) to record the replay of your sessions! This can now be done in the event configuration and applies to all sessions.
If you want to master our platform from start to finish, take advantage of our new training offer:
- 2-hours beginner training
- 1-day advanced training.
To learn more, contact our support email at firstname.lastname@example.org.